How do I cancel my flight with Etihad Airways?
Etihad Airlines is one of the premium airlines offering flexible policies and services to its customers worldwide. If for some reason, you cannot make your journey, Etihad allows you to cancel the ticket and get a refund.For Etihad flight cancellation, you can do it by visiting Etihad's official site, or by talking to an Etihad customer representative. The procedure is pretty simple, but if you have some confusion, you can check them out in the content below.
How to cancel an Etihad Flight ticket?
Unless you purchase a ticket from Etihad directly via the website or airport, you can cancel the booking from the official website or by calling the Etihad reservation department. However, if you purchase the ticket from a travel agency, only they can help you with cancellation.
Let's check out the procedure below to cancel your Etihad ticket online
- Go to the official website of Etihad Airways
- You can else go to the manage booking section and then click on view or change booking
- Enter booking reference/e -ticket and last name, click on find my booking
- Select the ticket you wish to cancel from the itinerary
- You can then click on the change/cancel flight button
- Provide the reason for cancellation for Etihad airlines to verify
- Once Etihad confirms, you can proceed with the cancelation
- You might also need to pay the cancellation charges depending on the fare condition
- So clear the payment and follow instructions to complete the process
Cancel the ticket by calling
- Dial 1800-123-3901 on your phone
- You can follow the IVR and talk to the live agent
- Let the agent know you wish to cancel your ticket
- Provide a valid reason and share your booking details
- Now the agent will check the detail at their end and complete the cancellation process on your behalf
It's a traditional and old way to cancel a ticket. Here you can visit the airport and meet at the Etihad ticket counter. Request the agent that you wish to cancel the flight ticket and provide the relevant document. The Etihad representative will ask you some questions and cancel the ticket simultaneously.
So following the instructions above, you can complete the Etihad flight cancellation process anytime. Moreover, you should also go through the Etihad cancellation terms and conditions listed to avoid the last-minute hassle and penalty.
Etihad Airlines Cancellation policy
- If you book the ticket seven days before departure and cancel the ticket within 24 hours of purchase, the airline allows you to cancel the ticket free of cost. In that case, you are eligible to get a full refund, irrespective of your ticket type
- If you fail to complete the cancellation formalities within the grace period, you must pay the cancellation charges based on your fare condition and ticket type.
- For refundable tickets, the refund you get after 24 hours is with the deduction of cancellation charges.
- In the case of a Non-refundable ticket, you don't get any refund after the grace period.
Etihad Airlines Cancellation Fee
- If you cancel your Etihad ticket on the same day of booking, no cancellation fee applies; however you need to pay the cancellation charges if you cancel the flight after 24 hours of booking.
- The cancellation fee depends on your fare condition, route, cancellation time, etc.
- You need to pay the cancellation charge of around $ 200 to $ 800 per head, depending on the domestic and international flight.
What happens when Etihad Cancel your flight?
- When Etihad cancel your flight ticket and doesn't inform you within 7-14 days, you are entitled to get a refund or compensation.
- You will not be eligible to claim compensation if the airline informs you about cancellation within 7-14 days in advance and arranges an alternate flight.
Hopefully, by reading the information above, you must know how to cancel your Etihad ticket and other Etihad ticket cancellation terms and conditions. Moreover, if you still have any doubts or concerns, speak to the Etihad customer representative.
Disclaimer: Flykhalifa provides the booking,change flights,hotels for your travel as an individual travel agent. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines or travel service providing firm but we do reservation for the similar as an associate booking provider. Here we mean to serve the top and liable services to the customers without any intrusion of others.